The idea of flying to Bali was a bit daunting to me. Like 21 hours flying?? WHAAAAA??? I literally didn’t book the trip for a year because of it. After biting the bullet, I figured if I’m gonna do the flight, might as well try to make it as comfortable as possible. Here are some tips that really helped us during our flight and honestly it really didn’t feel as bad as I thought it was going to be.
- Fly red eye if you can. Because you will automatically want to sleep at night, this will help you sleep most of the way.
- Melatonin- for extra guarantee take a melatonin to help you get a more restful sleep on the flight
- Stay up the day before. Depending on your flight time, I would coordinate to stay up super late or wake up super early so you’ll be tired on the flight.
- Pay for the extra leg room. Unless you can dish out thousands extra for a first class ticket the next best thing is paying for an extra leg room seat. For us it was about $300 more for two seats and completely worth it. Also because people don’t really want to pay the extra you’ll prob end up with a row to yourself.
- If you’re traveling with someone book the aisle and the window seat. Then you’ll have a chance of getting the row to yourself. And if someone ends up booking the middle. They prob won’t mind switching for the window or aisle. I don’t know anyone who would rather stay in the middle seat between strangers lol.
- Compression socks: Everyone recommended these because most people will have swollen feet after a long flight. Totally worth it. My feet def swell even in a 6 hour flight so these babies were a life saver.
- Bring your own full size pillow and blanket. Airline pillows (if they even offer one), are usually hard and the blankets thin. Do yourself a favor and grab a $4 pillow from target and a blanket. It will really help with your comfort level.
If you have any additional tips, add them in the comments! This def wont be our last long flight so I’ll take anything and everything to make it the most comfy!